Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I finished the 21 Day Ultimate Reset!! Wow, it was hard but I do feel now that it was worth it.  In looking back I thought I would share a few things I learned along the way.

Week 1:
- Getting accustomed to cooking and prepping food. I was so use to just throwing stuff together and eating within 10 min that I never stopped to actually appreciate the food. 
- The first week was so hard, I was so hungry but then I'd look at the menu and find that it was going to take 35 min before I could eat.  I would drink water during the prep time which seemed to help
- I found it ridiculously hard to not pick at the kids' plates.  I never realized how much I ate off of their plates
- Overall, week 1 wasn't bad.  I had a little meat (chicken), fish and grains. 
- Absolutely hated the detox drink.

Week 2
- Week 2 was about cutting dairy and meat from our diets as they are hard for our bodies to process. 
- I loved Week 2!!  Everything was so good! 
- The hardest part about this was the weekend but that goes for any weekend. It was cinco de mayo.
- Colby and I had date night, I've never done so much work to go out on a date. I cooked all of my food and brought my snack with me.  We went to the movies, he had popcorn, I had apple and berries. After that we met up with some friends. When it was time for  dinner, I went to the car and ate my food, which turned out very good.
- We took the girls for frozen yogurt and I resisted, not even a lick.  Very proud
- The detox drink tasted like herbs, wasn't bad at all.

Week 3
- No Lies, this was the hardest!  During this week, we phased out grains so it was all fruits and veggies. 
- I would get super full from the amount of veggies I would eat but never had any other issues.
- I had 2 days of feeling very tired but I think that was more due to going to bed too late and doing too much.
- Food was excellent!

Day 2 after the cleanse . . . Last night we went out for dinner!!  I really wanted Mexican food so off we went.  I found that I lost my tolerance for spicy food, the salsa was so hot!  I also thought the Margarita was way too salty (too much salt?  I would have never said that before).  I opted for a bean burrito because I was afraid that what I normally would get might make me sick (Steak Burrito with Hatch Green Chile).  Although it tasted so good, afterwards I felt sick.  I was so tired, and my stomach was bloated. Even today, I'm still feeling the effects. 

This morning I decided to have some Coffee.  I took it with me as I was dropping off the girls at school and had a few sips and thought, why am I drinking this?  I threw it out!  I came home and made my tea and it was delicious!

What are my key take aways? 
- Before, I kept my fat intake very low. It didn't matter if it was good or bad fat, it was low. I realized that there is a huge difference between good and bad fat. I actually ate more fat and lost weight and inches.
- I have at least 20 recipes that are super healthy that I love!
- I found new foods that I'd never heard of before that I love!
- I enjoy making my foods
- I enjoy feeling better about my food choices and how I feel after I eat it
- Making your own salad dressing is easy
- Eating healthy requires a lot of spices but once you have them it's easy
- I love roasted veggies
- I love coconut oil!

Was it worth it?  YES!!
Did it change my life? YES!!
Would I recommend it? YES!!
Was it hard? YES!! Face it, anything worth having is hard!

Up next, results . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment