Tuesday, January 21, 2020

New Year, New You

So the New Year has come and gone . . . Did you know that most of Americans have quit their New Years Resolutions by January 15th?  There's an actual national date for Quitters and its January 12th!  Wow, just 12 days in and we quit?!?  Why?

Honestly, I believe its because our expectations are too high?  Its hard to set goals and work towards them. We feel like we have to give up so much in order to achieve them.  So let's break this down a little for you.

The average person says "I want to lose 20 pounds and I'm starting January 1st".  They go to the gym and are excited, they tried a new class and feeling strong.  By day 3, they are tired, they are sore, so they take off the next day.  Well, that becomes a long weekend of no exercise and well, I didn't exercise so I guess that means I can eat whatever I want and I'll start again on Monday.  Does this sound familiar? By the end of week 2, we've managed 3 more days at the gym, really sore and the scale hasn't moved, in fact it says I gained weight?!?!  Why am I torturing myself?  Let's forget it, I'm done, I give up!

I was no different than you!  Most people only know me as the fit crazy Christina.  But let me assure you that I haven't always been that.  I have been blessed with an Athletic Build that has taken me years to appreciate.  I've always wanted to be tall and thin (no curves). I have to work at being fit, I love to eat food, Mexican is my favorite! But, there's a time and place for our favorites.  Let me get back to the old me . . . .

I remember joining 24 hourfitness a very long time ago . . . I joined with the goal of running a marathon. I joined in January with high hopes of running a marathon by March.  I hopped on the "dreadmill" and quickly realized that I could not even run a half mile.  I was totally out of shape (I was about 22 at the time).  I felt depressed and was clueless as to where to start.  I showed up day in/day out for what seemed like eternity only to find no change.  One day, I went in determined to cancel my membership and give up.

I was met with the manager who was there to offer me my "please stay" package.  Well, he sold me and I agreed to meet with a Personal Trainer to learn some insights as to what I was doing wrong.  I was totally overwhelmed by all of the info he gave me.  But each day I tried a little and listened to what he said and sure enough, I was seeing success. 20 years later, I still work on something new.  What I'm trying to say is that the little things add up!  If you try to do too much at one time, you fail.  Baby steps.  The right coach . Determination . Why . Success . Commitment.  You need all of these things.  I'm not where I'm at today because of a pill, because I exercise. I'm where I'm at because each day I decide to try. My little steps have added up to huge mountains that seem like nothing because they are now just a part of my everyday life.  This is my lifestyle.

Now for today, lets chat for a second about small changes.  For me, I enjoy my quiet time in the morning. I wish I loved black coffee, but I don't.  I love cream and sugar. lol .  . coffee mate.  Actually, I use to love Coffee Mate.  I knew that it was bad for me (read the label), but at the time I had made other sacrifices but wasn't ready to give this one up. One day, I decided I was going to finally try Bullet Proof Coffee.  At first I hated it, but over time I adjusted and now I love it!  Now you can choose to buy that specific brand but don't feel you have to.  If you don't drink coffee, you can add these items to your tea or shakes.  The point is, its good for you and your body NEEDS it!

What you need to make BPC:
Coffee (try to get low acid) https://amzn.to/2GayJGD
Collegen Peptides https://amzn.to/2GdU5Dc
Grass Fed Butter (kerrygold, found at most stores and costco)
MCT Oil (be careful, start off with a little)   https://amzn.to/2NKwfDe
Stevia (if desired) https://amzn.to/37g0KIR

Sounds complicated, I know. I have seen next to the coffee mate section in the fridge section a creamer called PicNic https://amzn.to/36dUq3f. It has Peptides, butter and mct oil in it.  Otherwise, you can find these things on Amazon, Kroger, WF and even at certain Costco's.

If you don't know much about Bullet Proof Coffee and the importance of providing your body with healthy fats you need to read more about it.

https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/212150/what-is-bulletproof-coffee-is-it-good-for-you/

Just google it and you can find the good, bad and ugly about it.  I can share with you that I've been drinking BPC for a few years now . . . I don't follow Keto (more on that later) but I do Intermittent Fasting (again more on that later).

Now go enjoy yourself and have a cup of coffee!



No comments:

Post a Comment