Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fitness Challenge

I can honestly say that I am amazed that it is already mid April . . . I remember January so clearly, like it was yesterday!  In January like many others, I decided to make a New Years Resolution which was to run a half marathon.  Well, last weekend I did it!  It was such an awesome experience and although I felt my time could have been better, the point is that I Decided what my goal was, I Committed to it and I Succeeded!

Now that I've accomplished that goal (planning another 1/2 marathon to work on my time), I thought it was time to create a new challenge!  What started off with me challenging myself to committing to a new work out program has turned into a fantastic group challenge!  I have 10 people so far that have committed to this Challenge and I really hope more will join in.  So you might wonder, what is this so-called Fitness Challenge entail?

Ideally, you will pick one of the home fitness programs Beachbody offers (www.christinanish.com).  There are several to choose from, the most important thing is to do one that you feel you would enjoy the most.  So far it looks like Insanity and Turbo Fire are the top choices.  The programs come with a complete nutrition tools as well as a daily work out calendar.   Now the hard part, committing to it!  Don't worry, we are all here to help motivate each other and will help in any way we can.

What's in for you?  Well . . . at the end of the challenge you will be able to see your transformation!  What more do you want than to look and feel great?  Well, to keep it interesting and keep us motivated I thought it would be fun to add some prizes.  I'm thinking we will do a 2 week prize, 30 day, 45 day and 60 day.  I'm still working on prizes and have a few ideas, if you have any suggestions let me know and I will look into it.  I did decide what the grand prize will be (drum roll please)   A One Month's supply of SHAKEOLOGY!!  Don't know about Shakeology?  You need to, let's talk!

The Challenge starts May 1st, that means you will need to do a few things prior to that date. 1- make sure you have a fitness program, 2- take before pictures.  I will not require anyone to post them on the blog but I think it would be great if you did. 3- weigh yourself and take measurements (neck, upper arm, forearm, chest, waist, hips, upper thigh and calf. If you can have your body fat measured that would also be great but if not, no worries.  4- define your goals. Don't be vague and say I want to lose 20 pounds in 60 days. It won't work.  Instead you can say that your overall goal may be to lose 20 pounds but what are the steps to get you there? If you create smaller goals within a bigger one you will be able to experience success which will make it easier to keep on track.  Your goals don't have to be related to weight, you can do body fat, inches, maybe even something related to the fitness program. And last but not least, you need to reward yourself for a job well done!  When you achieve your success, what's your reward?

Sounds pretty easy right?  I wish it were easy, the truth is. . . its not about dieting but rather changing your lifestyle to include proper nutrition and exercise.  We can all enjoy our favorite treats but in Moderation!

So, if you are still on the fence and can't decide, ask your self WHY?  Looking forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment